Samsung is a massive name in the TV industry. The brand would not stop launching incredible products with remarkable display performance and various connectivity options at affordable prices.
A smart TV is meant to deliver more than any regular TV. Samsung grabbed the idea and earned this reputation by introducing exciting features and wireless connectivity, making digital devices pairing with a TV convenient. Since everything looks great on a big screen, many people stream movies, shows, or even play games on the Smart TV instead of their phones and laptops. Besides, you do not have to get into the wired mess while connecting your laptop or phone with your Smart Smart TV, so that’s a bonus point.
However, if you are a naïve Samsung user and struggle to connect a laptop to Samsung Smart TV, don’t worry. The process is a walk in the park, and this article will guide you thoroughly with the possible easy options.
Mirroring Your Laptop to Samsung Smart TV Via Samsung Smart View
The Samsung Smart View feature has been the talk of the town. It helps to eliminate the chance of having messy cables around and get you to experience your favourite content from the laptop to the big TV screen.
Smart View is an application that your laptop having Windows 7 to 10 would easily support. This user-friendly application offers appealing features like subtitles of different languages, mirroring all types of content store on your laptop, etc.
Here is a step-by-step process of mirroring your laptop to Samsung Smart TV via the Samsung Smart View App.
Download and launch Samsung Smart View App on your laptop. Make sure your laptop supports windows version 7 to 10.
Now, please turn on your Samsung smart TV and connect it with a wireless internet connection. Make sure your smart TV and laptop connect with the same wireless connection. You can check the connected Wi-Fi through network status in the menu of your TV.
Now, back to the laptop. You want to go to the connections, select the “connect to TV” option, and choose your respective TV from the list. And, when you choose the right device, your TV will have a pop-up with an “Ok” button. Click it and move back to the laptop.
Both devices will start mirroring content. Press the “Add content” option on the laptop, move whatever content you watch on the big TV screen into that file, and then hit the play button. Your TV will mirror whatever is playing on the laptop.
Connecting Your Laptop to Your Samsung Smart TV through the Samsung Smart Hub
Another wireless option to mirror your Samsung Smart TV to the laptop is via the Samsung Smart Hub feature. It allows streaming your laptop content, including music, pictures, videos, movies, presentations, etc., wirelessly on the Samsung Smart TV.
Moreover, both devices should connect with the same Wi-Fi network as it is the key requirement of mirroring laptops to TV through Smart Hub. Even though there are other options to mirror your Samsung Smart TV to laptop, this is yet the easy and quick way to pair both devices.
However, you might need to make some adjustments to your laptop. But, this will be one-time-only, and after that, you can continue mirroring whenever you want.
Laptop setting Adjustments
- Ensure your laptop, and Samsung Smart Hub connects with a mutual Wi-Fi network.
- Go to the windows media player option from the search box.
- Visit the streaming menu and hit the turn on media streaming button.
- As soon you hit the button, a massive list of available devices will appear on the screen. Choose your respective Smart TV and check the box to provide access to share files with the device.
- Make your library and move all the content from the laptop you wish to see on the big screen. You can use the file explorer option to locate different files.
After setting the laptop and connecting it to the Samsung Smart TV, it is time to set the Samsung Smart Hub to mirror all the content effectively.
Setting the Samsung Smart Hub
- Turn on your Samsung Smart TV.
- You can either use the user-friendly remote control or utilize the Bixby voice control assistant to make changes further. Nevertheless, choose the All share settings followed by the Network option in the menu.
- You will find an option of “content sharing”, select it, and there will be a pop-up of all the available laptops nearby.
- Choose your laptop from the list and press the “Smart Hub” button on your remote control.
- Both devices will start mirroring after you pair your laptop.
- The Samsung Smart TV will instantly open the Smart Hub feature. Choose the “Photos, Videos & Music” button.
- Choose the correct folder of your choice using a remote control and play the content you wish to stream on your Samsung Smart TV.
- You can turn off the Wi-Fi or simply turn off the Smart Hub feature to stream regular TV channels when you are done mirroring.
Mirroring Your Laptop to Your Smart TV Through Chromecast
Last but not least, you can mirror your laptop to the Samsung Smart TV through Chromecast. It is a famous and easy way to make use of the feature. Instead of installing any application or making adjustments to your devices, you can insert this USB type device into your Smart TV to enjoy unlimited streaming.
In addition, Chromecast is a Godsend device compatible with multiple devices like Windows, Android, Mac, iPhone, Smart TVs, etc. Besides, it is readily available at any mobile shop at an affordable price. However, it does not support 4K content. It isn’t very reassuring for many users considering it is a paid way to mirror both devices.
On the bright side, the Chromecast device is not only restricted to mirror content from your laptop, phones, or tabs. It can also allow you to watch through online streaming platforms against a monthly or yearly subscription.
Nevertheless, let’s learn how you can use this Chromecast dongle and enjoy streaming content from a limited laptop screen to the giant Samsung Smart TV.
- Download the latest Google Chrome version on your laptop.
- Set up the Chromecast device, plug it into the power and insert it into your Samsung Smart TV.
- From the laptop, select the “Cast” options from the Google Chrome menu.
- Open a new window and select the “Cast desktop” option. You will see a dedicated cast icon at the right corner of the window.
- Click on the icon and hit the stop button to screen mirroring laptop to Samsung Smart TV.
Get rid of all the wires you have been using for connecting your laptop to the Samsung Smart TV.
Yes, you can use one of these three unique wireless ways to mirror your laptop content to the Samsung Smart TV and share your favourite content with your loved ones.
These are the promising hidden features your Samsung Smart TV offers. However, if you know otherwise, please drop them down, and we will review them.