Smart devices make life so much convenient. It becomes part of our everyday life, from connecting people of different continents via video calling to manage your smart devices using a downloadable app. It’s not about that because we are kind of relying on our smartphones and laptops for our personal or professional matters.
Mac OS is an incredible laptop device by Apple. It is famous for its compelling processor, exceptional security protocols, sleek and slim design for portability, and pleasing interface. Mac is already giving a lot and justifying its price tag. However, the Mac devices may struggle with the battery timings, mainly if you use them more frequently.
In addition, when you are working sitting somewhere, the battery draining while working or online streaming might not be a big problem because you get to recharge it. But, if you are traveling or working on the go, you must think of ways to save its battery life so you can get the most out of it.
Screen Timeout or Screen Saver on Mac
Among many other options, screen timeout is the one in your control. Yes, it is an essential feature in your Mac that lets you adjust the screen timing when not in use and sleep the laptop to save the battery. On Mac devices, you may also come through the feature with the name Screen saver.
Do not confuse the feature Screen Timeout with the Screen Time on Mac. Screen Time is the one that provides information about how much time you are spending on any specific application. In comparison, the screen timeout is entirely different.
How to Change Screen Timeout on Mac
Not putting a password on Mac is out of option because of security. But the quick timeout can become annoying when you have to enter the password again and again. Fortunately, like smartphones, you can adjust the screen timeout according to your preferences. It means you can change the time your Mac takes to lock the screen, so you don’t have to face hassle between work, streaming movies, or taking a mini break in between video calling.
Related: Best 4k TV as a monitor
Also, adjusting it won’t take time, and you can change the screen timeout whenever you want. Here are a few quick steps to remember that will address your issue in no time.
- Go to the system preference followed by Apple Menu.
- Choose Desktop and go to the Screen saver option.
- When you click on the screen saver, a drop-down menu will appear with the time intervals. Choose 15 minutes or less according to your preference. Remember, you have to maintain a healthy balance, so you might not face any post-setting problems.
- Now, hit the show all button and go back to the system preference menu.
- Here you want to ensure if your Mac device has password protection. So, go to security and click on “Require password to wake this computer from sleep.”
- Now close the window and test your Mac by putting it on sleep or leaving it for a few minutes to check the screen saver functionality.
Now, enjoy working on your Mac without any annoying timeouts. However, suppose your time interval is long. In that case, you can always manually put your Mac on sleep by using the hot corner option or desktop menu.
Related : Best Monitor for Xbox Series S