Vizio is a brand of surprises. It does not only delivers stunning display performance but offers smooth Wi-Fi connectivity. Modifying changes, switching modes, accessing smart features, and pairing devices is easy using a remote control.
The brands like Vizio put much thought into designing a remote control with a dedicated button of most-used functions.
However, if you lost remote control, you might face trouble managing your Vizio smart TV, especially accessing features like Wi-Fi. And without the internet, what would you do with a smart TV?
Therefore, I will discuss how to connect Vizio TV to Wi-Fi without a remote. But, if your TV still lies within the warranty, you should claim while you can.
Though the basic alternative ways to access Wi-Fi on your Vizio TV are:
Connect Vizio TV to Wi-Fi without Remote Using a Universal Remote
If you use more than one smart device at your home, you must invest in a good universal remote for emergency use.
Suppose the dedicated control is lost or damaged. In that case, a universal remote control can be used with any smart device, including Vizio Smart TV. So, getting one is a good idea.
Connect Vizio TV to Wi-Fi without Remote Using Ethernet Cable
Your Vizio Smart TV must come with several connectivity ports to connect different devices with your TV. And, Ethernet port is the key wireless internet connection.
Check the back panel of your TV and find Ethernet input. An Ethernet cable is one that you can use to access the internet on your TV by connecting it with the Wi-Fi modem/router.
Ensure the Ethernet cable is long enough to reach your TV to the modem and catch signals easily. And then, follow these easy steps to turn on the Wi-Fi access on your Vizio TV.
- Find the Ethernet port input at the back of your Vizio TV.
- Similarly, find the Ethernet cable input on your Wi-Fi router.
- Insert one end of the ethernet cable to the router whereas the other end to the TV.
- Locate the power button of your TV and turn it on. Also, make sure to turn on the router.
- Your Vizio TV must have a set of basic buttons at the sides of the front (varies with the model), and press the menu button. However, if your TV does not support any buttons, you can not access the internet through this method.
- Nevertheless, press the home network followed by the menu and select the “Wired Network” option.
- Your Vizio TV will detect your router from the Wi-Fi networks and connects to the internet instantly.
Control Your TV using a SmartApp
Since you don’t have a remote control, connecting your TV to the Wi-Fi is not enough to make the device functional. Still, you need something to manage and use your TV.
Here comes the Vizio SmartApp.
Yes, your Smartphone can help you using your TV efficiently, even without control. Let’s see how you can use your TV with a Vizio Smartcast App.
- Download Vizio Smartcast App on your Android or iOS devices, respectively.
- Open the App and find the Control button at the bottom.
- Click on the devices from the upper corner and find your Vizio Smart TV.
- Once you connect your TV, your screen will show you the remote control.
- Now, you can easily manage your TV with your phone using a directional pad and enjoy streaming your favourite content.
Don’t worry if your Vizio TV remote is damaged or lost in the house. There are still other easy ways to get into your TV and make it a useful device.
However, claiming the warranty is your right, and you should do it if you still have time. Also, invest in a good universal remote to remain on the safe side with all the other smart devices at home.
Well, if you have any other suggestions, please feel free to drop them.
Related : Best Smart TVs