DirecTV is an ATT month-based streaming service, which allows you to watch HBO, Cinemax, and other top-rated local cable channels on your TV.
Unfortunately, the DirecTV does not come included with the LG Smart TVs. That means, LG users cannot get entertained from DirecTV by default.
Don’t get worried!
you can check latest cheapest 120hz 4K TV
In this blog post, we will show you step-by-step, how you can easily install DirecTV Now on your LG Smart TV.
Without further ado, let’s check out the details.
Streaming DirecTV Now on LG Smart TV
Well, natively LG Web OS does not support the ATT DirecTV Now. If you search for the DirecTV application on the LG Webtore, you will see no results.
The simple reason for that is, ATT does not support the LG Web OS for its content streaming service (DirecTV).
However, there are some tricks that you can use to get DirecTV Now on LG Smart TV.
Related : Best 65 inch tv under 1000
Streaming Through Your Mobile Device
The easiest way of streaming ATT DirecTV on your LG Smart TV is by using your mobile phone. You can use your mobile phone’s screencasting feature to display the DirecTV content on the big screen.
In this way, you do not have to buy any additional device in order to watch the DirecTV content.
Here is How to Get DirecTV App On Smart TV using your mobile phone:
- Firstly, download the DirecTV application on your mobile phone from the Playstore (if you are using an IOS device, then you have to download the application from the Apple Store).
- Connect your mobile phone to the same network as your Smart TV.
- Play your favorite content on the DirecTV application.
- Use the screen mirroring option on your mobile phone to cast the screen from your mobile phone to your TV.
Using Amazon Fire Stick
We know that not everybody is comfortable using the mobile phone in order to watch the DirecTV content on the TV screen, as calls and other notifications can interrupt your momentum.
To counter the situation, you have to use a device called the Amazon Fire Stick, it’s a streaming stick by Amazon that you can use to turn your non-smart TV into a smart one.
It has plenty of streaming options including Amazon Prime, Netflix, HULU, Youtube, as well as ATT DirecTV. You can attach this streaming stick to the TV for watching your favorite DirecTV content on your LG Smart TV.
Here are the steps for connecting the Amazon FireStick to LG TV:
- Firstly, disconnect your LG TV from the power.
- Connect the Firestick to either of the HDMI ports on your TV.
- Now, change the input source by using the LG Magic Remote.
- Connect the Firestick to your wireless network, and set up the Firestick.
- Now go to the home screen, and search for the “DirectTV application”.
- The DirecTV application will now start downloading.
- After the DirecTV application has finished downloading, open it.
- Voila! You have successfully installed DirecTV on your LG smart TV using the Amazon Firestick.
You must check our latest review about
How to Get DirecTV App On Smart TV – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can We Install DirecTV Now on LG Smart TV?
Well, you cannot install the DirecTV application on the LG Smart TVs directly. However, you can stream it from your mobile phone or use the Amazon Firestick for streaming.
Does LG Web OS Support DirecTV Streaming?
No, the LG Web OS does not support DirecTV streaming. Nevertheless, you can use Amazon Firestick to get the AT&T DirecTV on your LG Smart TV.
How Can We Watch AT&T DirecTV Now on LG Smart TV?
You cannot watch DirecTV on your LG TV by default. You have to use either your mobile phone or other third-party devices (like the Amazon Firestick) in order to watch DirecTV on your LG Smart TV.
You cannot install DirecTV on your LG TV on its own, as the LG Web OS does not support DirecTV on its own.
A lot of LG users get disappointed and ask in the online forums for help. In order to answer the queries of all the LG users, we have put together this detailed guide, in which we have explained different methods of getting the ATT DirecTV on the LG Smart TV.
How to Connect DVD Player to Samsung Smart TV with HDMI Cable?