Table of Contents
The VIZIO TV does not come included with an internet browser by default. That means you cannot visit any website using your VIZIO smart TV.
Lacking the internet browser on a smart TV can be frustrating, as you cannot visit your social media feed, Google for information, etc.
The good news is that you can get the internet browser on VIZIO TV. In this guide, we will show you how to get the internet browser on a VIZIO TV.
That being said, let’s check out the details.
Related : cheapest 120hz 4k TV
How to Access Internet on VIZIO TV?
Like the majority of smart TVs out there, VIZIO smart TVs come with web-based streaming applications and not the actual web-browsers.
In fact, you cannot install a web browser on your VIZIO TV, as these TVs do not support the web browser natively. But, you can use devices like the Firestick, and Chromecast to enjoy web surfing on your Vizio TV.
Steps for Getting Internet Browser on VIZIO TV Via Firestick
- Firstly, connect the fire stick to one of the HDMI ports on your VIZIO TV.
- Tune the source to the HDMI (the one you have connected your Firestick to[).
- Now, you will see the Firestick setup wizard.
- Connect the firestick to your home’s wireless connection (if you do not have a wireless connection, you have to use the ethernet port on Firefox).
- Bypass the setup wizard on the Fire TV, and go to the “Apps” tab, on top of the home screen.
- Go to the “Categories” tab, and select “Utilities”, and then finally select the “Silk Browser”.
- It will start downloading the Silk Browser, and then finally open it when the downloading is done.
- Voila! Now you can easily browse the internet on your VIZIO TV.
Related : Best 65 inch tv under 1000
Additionally, you can also use Chromecast to browse the internet on your VIZIO Smart TV. The problem in browsing the internet via Chromecast is that you will need to have a Chrome-enabled Windows or Mac device in order to enjoy the internet on the big screen.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can We Get an Internet Browser on VIZIO TV?
Natively the VIZIO TVs do not support web browsers. However, you can use third-party devices like Firestick, Chromecast, etc to browse the internet on the VIZIO TVs.
Can We Get a Web Browser on VIZIO TV Without Using a Third Party Dongle?
The simple, and straightforward answer to these questions are a plain “NO”. You cannot get an internet browser on the VIZIO TV on its own. You have to rely on a third-party device.
How Many Browsers Are There in FireStick?
There are two browsers available on the Firestick. Namely Silk Browser, and the Firefox. You can use either of the browsers for accessing the internet through the Firestick.
Can We Browse the Internet on VIZIO TV using the Chromecast?
Yes, you can use Chromecast to browse the internet on a VIZIO TV. The problem here is that you cannot use the VIZIO TV to browse the internet on its own. You need to have an internet-enabled computer in order to browse the internet.
VIZIO users always intended to access the internet on their TVs. Since the VIZIO TVs do not support internet browsers by default, people think they cannot surf the internet on the VIZIO TV.
In this blog post, we have thoroughly explained how you can browse the internet on VIZIO TV using Firestick.
If you still have any questions regarding browsing the internet on VIZIO TV, feel free to ask us in the comments section below.