Who we are
The registered office address is:
Company Registration No.: FN: 413055i
VAT Reg. No.: ATU68546424
Austrian Data Protection Authority No. (DVR): 4011903
Your personal information is controlled by FLINK GmbH. If you have questions about how we process personal data, or would like to exercise your data subject rights, please email us at email@example.com
What the policy covers
If you do not agree with this policy, do not access or use our Services or interact with any other aspect of our business.
What information do we collect and what do we use it for?
Any of the information we collect from you when using our website/services may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience — your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website — we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service and to communicate — your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To send periodic emails — the email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
- To administera contest, promotion, survey or other site features
Account: FLINK collects personal information when registering for an account, create or modify a profile, set preferences, sign-up for or make purchases through the Services.
Example: contact information, delivery/return addresses and billing information when registering for the Services or renting/purchasing a product.
Content provided through our websites: FLINK may collect other content that you submit to our website, which includes social media or social networking websites.
Example: you provide content to us when you provide feedback or when you participate in any interactive features, surveys, contests, promotions, sweepstakes, activities or events.
Information provided through our support channels (e.g. LiveChat): Services may also include our customer support tool, where you may choose to submit information regarding a problem you are experiencing with a Service. Whether you open a support ticket, speak to one of our representatives directly or otherwise engage with our support team, you will be asked to provide contact information, a summary of the problem you are experiencing, and any other documentation, screenshots or information that would be helpful in resolving the issue.
Payment Information: We may collect certain payment and billing information when you register for Services and/or rent or purchase a product. These include: full name, full address, email address, phone number (in case of a business purchase: business name, business address).
All payment (incl. credit card details) processing through the website (www.getflink.com) and/or captive portal (captive.getflink.com) are collected and processed by: Wirecard Central Eastern Europe GmbH (Primoschgasse 3, 9020 Klagenfurt, Austria).
Information collected automatically when using our Services and Products
We may collect personal usage information when you use our Services and Products, including browsing our websites and taking certain actions within the Services.
Your use of the Services: We may keep track of certain information about you when you visit and interact with any of our Services. This information includes the features you use and the links you click on.
Device and Connection Information: We may collect information about your devices (computer, smartphone, tablet etc.). This device information includes your connection type and settings when you access, update, or use our Services/Products. We also collect information through your device about your operating system, browser type, IP address, URLs of referring/exit pages and device identifiers. We use your IP address and/or country preference in order to approximate your location to provide you with a better Service experience. How much of this information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services.
Legal bases for processing (for EU/EEA users): If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA) and/or in the European Union (EU), we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws. The legal bases depend on the Services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you the Services, including to operate the Services, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the Services;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the Services and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we or a third party (e.g. your employer) have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using the Services.
How FLINK shares information
We may share information we collect about you in the ways discussed below to enhance our Services/Products.
Sharing with 3rd-parties
We share information with third parties that help us operate, provide, support and market our Services.
Service Providers: We work with third-party service providers to provide website and application development, hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, virtual infrastructure, payment processing, analysis and other services for us, which may require them to access or use information about you. If a service provider needs to access information about you to perform services on our behalf, they do so under close instruction from us, including policies and procedures designed to protect your information.
Third-Party Widgets: Social media features (incl. widgets), such as the Facebook “Like” or the Twitter button are third-party hosted services and may set cookies and thus collect for instance your IP address.
Compliance with Enforcement Requests and Applicable Laws; Enforcement of Our Rights: In some circumstances, we may share information about you with a third party if we believe that sharing is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including to meet national security requirements, (b) enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service, (c) protect the security or integrity of our products and services, (d) protect FLINK, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, or (e) respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person.
Sharing with affiliated companies
How we store and secure information we collect
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
Information storage and security
We use our own data hosting service based in Austria to host the information we collect, and we use technical measures to secure your data.
While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
How long we keep information
The length we save personal information depends on the Services/Products you have chosen. Thereafter, we will either delete or anonymize personal information.
Account information: We preserve your account information for as long as your account is active and a reasonable period thereafter in case you decide to re-activate the Services.
Marketing information: If you have chosen to receive marketing emails from FLINK, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our Services, such as when you last opened an email from us or ceased using your FLINK account. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
How to access and control your information
You have certain choices available to you when it comes to your information. Below is a summary of those choices, how to exercise them and any limitations.
- You have the right to request a copyof your information, to object to our use of your information (including for marketing purposes), to request the deletion or restriction of your information, or to request your information in a structured, electronic format.
- Your request and choices may be limitedin certain cases:for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal information about another person, or if you ask to delete information which we or your administrator are permitted by law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep. Where you have asked us to share data with third parties, for example, by installing third-party apps, you will need to contact those third-party service providers directly to have your information deleted or otherwise restricted. If you have unresolved concerns, you may have the right to complain to a data protection authority in the country where you live, where you work or where you feel your rights were infringed.
- Access and update your information:Our Services may give you the ability to access and update certain information about you from within the Service.
- Request that we stop using your information:In some cases, you may ask us to stop accessing, storing, using and otherwise processing your information where you believe we don’t have the appropriate rights to do so. Where you gave us consent to use your information for a limited purpose, you can contact us to withdraw that consent, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place at the time. You can also opt-out of our use of your information for marketing purposes by contacting us, as provided below. When you make such requests, we may need time to investigate and facilitate your request. If there is delay or dispute as to whether we have the right to continue using your information, we will restrict any further use of your information until the request is honored or the dispute is resolved.
- Opt-out of communications:You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by using the unsubscribe link within each email, or by contacting us as provided below to have your contact information removed from our promotional email list or registration database. Even after you opt out from receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive transactional messages from us regarding our Services. You can opt out of some notification messages in your account settings.
- Turn off Cookie Controls:See “Cookies & Tracking Notice” below.
Internationally transferred information
We collect information globally and primarily store that information in Austria. We transfer, process and store your information outside of your country of residence, to wherever we or our third-party service providers operate for the purpose of providing you the Services. Whenever we transfer your information, we take steps to protect it.
Cookies & Tracking Notice
What types of technologies/provides/3rd-parties do we use?
- Google Analytics
- Google Ads
How do we use them?
Analytics: These cookies and similar technologies collect information on how users interact with the Services and enable us to improve how the Services operate.
Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies: These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests. They remember the websites you have visited and that information is shared with other parties such as advertising technology service providers and advertisers.
Social media cookies: These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on our websites or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social media site. The social network will record that you have done this. This information may be linked to targeting/advertising activities.
How can you opt-out?
Other important privacy information
Our policy towards children
The Services are not directed to individuals under 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us.
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at www.getflink.com/termsandconditions